Wednesday, January 27, 2010

There's a storm a comin'!




I love where we live, but since we don't see snow and ice very often, people here PANIC when there's a threat of "wintery mix" in the air. Unfortunately, our local weathermen are saying we might get some light snow and sleet tomorrow night, and I made the mistake of going to the grocery store tonight. Needless to stay, the store was practically barren. There was very little bread, milk, lunch meat, etc. I ended up buying brands I don't normally buy and paying higher prices for a few things. Also, the lines were ridiculously long and the store wasn't staffed for it.

People here act like we are going to be shut in for days on end with no way out of our neighborhoods, when usually the snow (if it even accumulates) is melted by the end of the day and the streets are dry as a bone. It puts me in the worst mood!

I'm about to go to bed and settle in with a good book and hope the bad weather doesn't come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment