Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Joy of a CLEAN HOUSE!




My house is VERY RARELY spotless from top to bottom. If I'm being honest, it probably only happens about 3-4 times a year when we have family in to visit, but most of the time it's 85% clean. I usually have a messy closet, and my laundry room is NEVER clean, and the kitchen never seems to be completely clean, but I'm ok with that.

I do LOVE to come home from church on Sundays to find a nice clean house. It makes for such a relaxing day. Yesterday, after Wally's basketball game, we came home and had lunch and then cleaned for a few hours because we were having new friends over that had never seen our house. It was a lot of work, but it was really worth it. I made chili and bread sticks for the adults, with apple crisp for dessert. I also made homemade pizza for the kids and frosted brownies. I had the kids at the small table in the kitchen and the adults in the dining room. It was such a nice night and I loved having a clean house to entertain our friends.

But most of all, I loved that I did all of that work yesterday and get to do NOTHING today. We got home from church and ate some lunch and then cozy-ed up on the couch for some football playoffs! We did take a break during the games to play SpongeBob Memory with the boys, but for the most part I've spent the whole afternoon with a blanket and my favorite cookbooks, planning away! :)

What a great way to spend a Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment