Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman




When I was in college and living in the dorms, we had 24 channels to choose from on the television. I wasn't in my room all that much, but I was always in my room from 2:00pm-4:00pm, as that is when I put aside time to rest and "zone out". Unfortunately during this time, there was very little to choose from. I think I could choose from old reruns of People's Court, Let's Make a Deal, or Dr. Quinn. I had never seen the show before, but I hated the other two, so this was my only option.

I remember the day I decided to watch just happened to be the very first episode and the station showed them in order. I watched the first two episodes back-to-back and decided I had found a new show! I only got to watch them for a few weeks before my schedule changed and I was no longer around when the show came on. Since this was before the age of DVR, I ended up having my Grandmother (who lived two hours away) record the show for me every day, and when I came home on the weekends, we'd camp out in front of the TV and watch them all together.

I absolutely fell in love with this show and in my opinion, it's probably one of the greatest love stories every shown on TV. I have never seen a TV show that makes me cry as much as this one has. There are so many touching scenes and great storylines with all of the townspeople. I have been watching this show in reruns and on DVD for 15 years and I still enjoy it as much today as I did when I first started watching.

I also love the medical cases, the food and dress of the period, and the beautiful scenery. I highly recommend this show!!

No comments:

Post a Comment