Friday, January 15, 2010

After School Snacks




I try to have good and healthy snacks waiting for the boys when they get home after school since they're always so hungry, but since we're on a budget, I never really buy anything "prepackaged". Most of their snacks are things like apples, bananas, blueberry muffins, cheese and crackers, string cheese, etc. We were getting PAINFULLY low on groceries this week and they were down to basically nothing to eat. Wednesday afternoon they ended up having dry cereal.

I went to the store on Thursday morning and saw that Kroger was having TONS of sales on 100 calorie things and healthy foods...you know for the resolutioners? So, I got my coupons and really stocked up. I am limiting them to two snacks a day, and one of them has to be either fruit or dairy (I ended up also getting grapes, strawberries, blueberries, string cheese, yogurt, and danimals smoothies.)

They were so excited when they came home yesterday. I told them not to get TOO used to it, though...once these go off sale, we're back to business as usual! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment