Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Waiting for the mailman




In the days of email, texting, cell phones, and the internet, there's seems to be no real need for the mail anymore. People can see e-cards and e-vites, you can get your newsletters, magazines, and coupons online, and when was the last time someone sent you a letter or a postcard? When I was younger, I loved to check the mail when I got home from school. I had 4 penpals and subscribed to 3 magazines and I was constantly getting goodies in the mail from family members. I no longer get a lot of stuff like that, but I do get a lot of coupons and free samples and I really enjoy that. And even though I know I won't be receiving a long lost check, a new magazine I forgot I subscribed to, a postcard from a friend I haven't seen in years, or a JC Penney's catalog I didn't request, but I still get excited every time I see that white truck turn onto our street.

No comments:

Post a Comment