Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Taking Care of sick children





Wally is home sick with a high fever. He was home yesterday as well. My boys RARELY get sick, so I jump at the chance to take care of them when they do. I have spoiled him the past two days with meals in bed, snuggly blankets, hot chocolate, stuffed animals, and endless attention. I think I'm enjoying it more than he is! I am so thankful for the opportunity to be at home with my boys. When I was little and sick, I'd have to go over to my great grandmother's house and lay on her old smelly couch all day...no TV, no games. And her house smelled like old people. I hated being over there. I'm happy I can light some candles that smell like apple pie, put him on the couch with Looney Toons, and putter around the kitchen making peach turnovers while he sleeps the day away under his favorite blanket.

I love my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment