Monday, March 22, 2010

My Baby is 7




I can't believe Wally is 7 years old. I remember when I first found out I was pregnant with him and that seems like just yesterday. My memories are so vivid of that time...it makes me wonder where the last 7 years have gone. The older he gets, the more I find myself wishing he would stay little forever.

I love that he still wants to be rocked before bed every once in a while.
I love that he still lets me kiss him goodbye when I drop him off at school in the morning.
I love that he wants to spend all his free time with me.
I love that he lets me hold him and love on him in front of his friends.
I love that he thinks I'm the best mom in the whole world.
I love that he still watches Sponge Bob, Little Bear, Wubzy, Olivia, and Max & Ruby.
I love that he still gets in the floor and plays with his cars and trucks and Legos.
I love that he has no idea what sex, drugs, and rap music are.
I love that he still wears Cars and Thomas the Train underwear.

I know he has to grow up at some point, but for right now, I'm going to relish the fact the he's still an innocent little boy, who still loves it when I make a smiley face on his waffles with the syrup.

Here's to little boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment