Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spending time up at the school




Last year, when Wally started Kindergarten, I was very new to staying at home. I had only been home for 2 months and I relished my time at home with the boys. Not only was I new to staying at home, I was new to school as well, since this was his first year. Kindergarteners can be dropped off and picked up at the front of the school before and after school, so I was rarely in the school last year. I saw a few moms at birthday parties and classroom parties, but really didn't get to know anyone very well.

Well...this year is different. Beaver started K4 there this year and he has to be walked in to school in the mornings and picked up inside his classroom in the afternoon. So, now I'm in the school twice a day everyday. I can't tell you how much that has changed our "school experience". I have gotten to know so many moms, teachers, aides, and office staff. I also help out in the classrooms at least once a week, and serve lunch in the cafeteria once a month. I'm having the most fun and I know it's because I'm coming in the school now instead of dropping off and picking up outside. I can't believe how much I missed!

And the great thing is, if I want to walk them in the morning and walk in to pick them up next year...I can! I love that my boys go to a private Christian school. There is not near the red tape of the public schools and we can be much more involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment