Monday, November 16, 2009

Thunderstorms in the Night



Normally, I love a good storm, and especially if I can putter around the house in my fuzzy socks while it's raining away outside. But Wally and Beaver don't share my love. They are 7 and 5 and still afraid of the big bad storm clouds. They like for me to get on www.weather.com and check out the 10-day forecast about every other day so they'll know exactly when the storm is coming and when it will pass. They usually handle it ok when it storms during the day because they can see the rain and the clouds, but when a storm comes at night....I can fully expect two terrified little boys trying to crawl into my bed in the wee hours of the morning.

And that's exactly what happened. I did get them settled in the floor in their sleeping bags that were left there from their weekly Friday night sleep-over in our room, but not until after a few minutes of convincing them we were safe and then making them use the restroom. I am dragging a little bit this morning and having trouble getting into my Monday morning routine. If only I could squeeze in time for a nap... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment