Friday, November 13, 2009

Sweet and Hot pickles




I love to make these delicious pickles year-round. I think I picked up this recipe from my mother-in-law years ago. As soon as we run out of these, I make a new batch so we're never without them. My husband eats them 4-5 times a week! :)

Sweet and Hot Pickles

1 gallon dill pickles; drained, rinsed and cut into chunks or slices (your preference)
6-7 jalapenos, washed with tops and bottoms cut off and cut into half-inch chunks
6 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups white vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Return prepared pickles back to jar, layering with the jalapenos.
Mix sugar, vinegar, and oil and pour into jar over pickles.
Shake jar vigorously (with lid on of course) every 20 minutes until the sugar has dissolved. Store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment