Tuesday, February 2, 2010

We have filed our taxes!




I hate tax season. My mother is an accountant and I can remember growing up that right after Christmas we basically didn't see her for 4 months. She would always manage to make it to our basketball games and dance performances, but she would go straight back to work after that, and she worked every Saturday. We couldn't plan anything from Jan to April because it was "tax season". She still has the same schedule now and she's 54.

Each year, Ward and I do our taxes with Taxcut online software. It's very easy, but we're always surprised what we're getting back. Luckily we still get refunds every year! :) This year we thought we were getting back a LOT more than we actually got because we misunderstand the college tax credit. So, we ended up being pretty upset since we had already spent that money in our minds. But, at least they're filed and we don't have to worry about it again for another year.

Next year I am vowing not to spend my refund 6 months before I get it so I can actually go shopping after we get the check instead of using it pay off something I bought so long ago I can't remember what it was!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment