Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Ice Cream




Once the first flake of snow hit the ground this week, the boys started asking for Snow Ice Cream. They had never had it before, but had heard people talking about it and were intrigued. They jumped up and down, and pulled on my robe and BEGGED me to go outside and get some fresh snow and make them their special treat...so I did.

The recipe was simple: A gallon of snow, 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of sugar, and some vanilla. I couldn't get it to become "creamy" just by stirring, so I put it in my stand-up mixer on high for several minutes until it became nice and creamy. It looked great and it tasted great. We needed to sit it in the freezer for a bit to "harden up" and then we promised they could have some.

Well, would you believe once it was ready, they were too afraid to try it???? Ward ate a few bites and so did I, but the boys haven't touched it.

Now we have a HUGE bowl of ice cream in the freezer and no takers. What gives? :)

1 comment: